CONDITIONS OF AUCTION SALE
- All successful bidders will be charged a 12% buyers
commission, which will be added to the hammer price of each lot purchased.
Canadian residents will pay 5% G.S.T. on the total, or applicable H.S.T. for
lots being sold to Provinces where the Harmonized Sales Tax is collected. For
those purchasing lots in person, Provincial Sales Tax will be collected under
the law of the Province of Manitoba, unless a valid vendors permit number is
provided at time of auction, or lots are shipped out of province
- We reserve the right to withdraw any lot prior to sale.
- Bids by internet, mail, or fax (otherwise known as
Absentee bids) will be accepted until closing date and time specified. Bids are
treated as limits.
- No BUY or UNLIMITED bids will
- In the case of a tie bid, the first bid received and
entered is normally given preference. In a tie between an absentee bid and a
floor bid, the absentee will takes preference.
- All bids must be made in whole dollars amounts
- Please check your bidder sheet carefully. We cannot be
held responsible for errors made in the amount, or the lot number listed. Make
sure your bid sheet is signed. Please retain a copy of your bid sheet for your
- No minors may participate in our sales. Agents bidding
on behalf of others will be held liable if their principles fail to make
- Marway Auction Services may reopen bidding on a lot
under the following circumstances: (i) The Auction house have failed to execute
an absentee bid. (ii) A party purchasing the lot on the floor has done so in
error. (iii) Where a protest is made after the hammer has fallen but before the
bidding has commenced on the next lot. (iv) Where the auctioneer has determined
that he has overlooked a party still bidding on the lot but before the calling
of the next lot. (v) At the discretion of the auctioneer.
- Postage, insurance, shipping and handling fees are
added to all shipments. We ship by Canada Post & insure all shipments.
Postage Costs vary depending on weight, size & location.
- Care has been taken to secure accuracy concerning
authorship, origin, age and condition but all such statements represent opinion
and are not to be taken as fact. All information is to the best of our
knowledge and belief, correct. Cataloguing errors will promptly and cheerfully
- No price adjustments will be made on the hammer price
of a lot whether there is a complaint about the whole lot or any one item in
it. The entire lot must be returned if a refund is to be made to a bidder.
- All claims and adjustments by bidders, for reason of
non- authenticity or improper description must be made within seven days of
receipt. As the Auction house acts as an agent for various consignors, NO
CLAIMS OF ANY KIND can be made 30 days after the Auction Date.
- Terms of Sale are in Canadian funds. Payment is to be
made immediately upon receipt. Payment from foreign accounts must be made in
Canadian Dollar Bank Draft or International Money Order.
- As a convenience, invoices may be charged to Visa or
Master Card accounts. Please supply account number, expiration date, CVD number
and signature in the space provided on the bid sheet, before the auction is
closed. Please note: an additional service charge of 2% if using a charge card.
We are pleased to accept Paypal as a payment option, please include your email
address so we can invoice you after the sale. The surcharge of 2% will apply to
Paypal payments as well.
- Bidding in this auction sale constitutes full
acceptance by the bidder of all the above Terms of Sale.